It’s Friday! Time for Let’s BEE Friends!
Like all blog hops …
1. I ask that you follow me.
2. Grab the button from the sidebar and include it in your post.
3. Link up your favourite post from the week. (no giveaways please)
4. Visit other bloggers who have linked up. Follow who you like.
5. Spread the honey by leaving them some sweet old ♥ comment love ♥ !
The linky can be found at the bottom of this post!
Today, I’m featuring a girl who is like a ray of sunshine or at least that’s what it feels like when you read her blog on a regular basis. Chelsea, from Vicarious Chelsea, is nothing short of fun, friendly, sweet, smart and sassy! She always writes with enthusiasm and happiness. If you all think I’m as sweet as honey, well Chelsea is one of my bees because she definitely ranks high on the ♥sweetness♥ meter. Believe me, you will love her too
And now enough of my babble … let me introduce to you … the fantabulous Chelsea!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1. When did you start blogging? For what reason? How long has it been so far?
I originally started blogging after having my daughter, who is now 4. But at first I was terrible at remembering to do it, and it pretty much fell apart. I started it again when my son was born (he’s now 2 and 1/2), and just over a year AGO I moved it to it’s current location at VicariousChelsea.com. At first, it was simply a family blog… a way to document our amazing lives. But I realized that I love writing… about my kids, my self, running, food, everything! So it’s definitely evolved!
2. Besides blogging, what do you do for a living? Why did you choose this profession? For a living, I’m an educator. I taught in the Middle School classroom for 8 years and now am the Student Achievement Teacher at our K-12 school… basically I coordinate the curriculum and assessments of the school so that the teachers can focus on getting the job done in the classroom! I’m lucky enough to work for the best school district in the state (ahem, world)! I chose education because every day is different. It’s never boring! Children are so unpredictable!
3. Is there any topic or subject you refuse to write about or stay away from? Refuse? No. But I make choices, as we all do, about the tone and feel of my blog. I tend to be a positive person, and that (I hope!) comes out in my blog. I don’t harp on the negative things that go on… and if I do, it’s probably meant to be read with a sarcastic tone. Even when my kids are screaming, the bills are unpaid, the house is a mess, and I am at my wits end… I know that I am blessed and living a very lucky life.
That said… I haven’t written much (at all?) about my most current struggle of learning how to be a single mom. I would never want to talk badly about the father of my children, because he is a great dad and a good person. Things didn’t work out with us, and that is a struggle for me, but one that I choose not to write about.
4. Name a modern luxury you cannot live without these days?
My phone! Also, email and Facebook, but since I access those both on my phone, it kinda counts as one, right?
5. Favourite TV series? Movie? Book?
I don’t watch a lot of TV, but I do try to keep up on Grey’s Anatomy and House. Apparently I like medical dramas that turn me into a hypochondriac for the remainder of the evening. I have Netflix and recently tried to get into Lost, but frankly the terror of it gave me a stomachache. I don’t watch many movies, but I do love to read. I used to read pretty much anything, but have found lately that I really prefer happy endings and light hearted reading. It’s easy to find a scary or dramatic story… just turn on the news or prime time. I want to read something that doesn’t give me anxiety or nightmares!
6. Do you look at the glass as half empty or half full?
I truly think I’m a “half full” kinda gal. I have pity parties for myself now and then, but most of the time I see the good of my life in Lilly and Zac’s eyes. How bad can it be with those two hysterical and loving children looking at me, begging me to play pretend and read books?
7. It seems as if everyone in the blogosphere is now Vlogging? Do you see yourself joining in on the fun?
Oh probably. I kind of tend to bend under peer pressure. There is one problem though…I hate the way I look on video! I make ridiculously hideous facial expressions and I’m totally self-conscious about it. I am pretty good at talking to myself though. So we’ll see!
8. What is your guilty pleasure?
Ice cream. Or, lately, milkshakes. You see, Zac got sick and so I got him a milkshake. You know, because I’m a good, loving mother who wanted him to get some calories and have a treat since he was getting over a fever. And, I had to have one too, so that he didn’t feel weird eating in front of me (yes, he’s two. So?). Then, I got sick and treated myself to a milkshake for the very same reasons. Things have gone terribly wrong since then and now I’m pretty sure I need some sort of program to break me of this habit. Also, when I’m being good and making the time to run as much as I’d like to, a guilty pleasure is definitely clothes shopping!
9. Name three blogs you never miss reading on a daily basis. Yes, only three! Um, yours. Duh. Yeah, I can’t choose three. How about three “classes” of blogs? First, I read blogs of people I know in real life! Like, my sister and my good friends who blog. Next, I read blogs of people who I feel like I know, and who crack me up. You, Mama Kat, Scary Mommy, for example. I also frequent healthy/foody blogs like InspiredRD and FoodTrainers. Sorry, I also don’t follow rules!
10. What are your plans for this Summer? Taking any vacations?
Well, since I am in education I have about a month off in the summer! I plan on running more than I have been lately (remember the milkshake situation from above? It’s catching up with me!), taking the kids to the zoo, library story times and other activities, and doing some projects around my home! I will also go up to the mountains at least once or twice to “beat the heat” and have some laid back fun.