Welcome to Let’s BEE Friends Friday,
where you link up your favourite post from the week!
As with all blog hops:
1. I ask that you follow me.
2. Grab the button from the sidebar and include it in your post.
3. Link up your favourite post from the week. (no giveaways please)
4. Visit other bloggers who have linked up. Follow who you like.
5. Spread the honey by leaving them some sweet old ♥ comment love ♥ !
The linky can be found at the bottom of this post!
Today, I’m featuring a super cute, super sweet, super funny gal named Jessica who has her own blog called, My Time as a Mom. Jessica and I met via blog hopping and we’ve become good friends via Twitter. I read her daily and have grown extremely fond of her loyalty as one of my cyberspace gal pals.
Without further a due, here is the lovely Jessica ….
My name is Jessica and I am the wanna-be entertaining writer of the blog My Time as Mom. I am the official caretaker of 1 husband, 2 adorably insane girls, and 2 dumb dogs. I just finished my B.A. degree in Business Management after 6 long years of college. I stay up way too late at night and try to nap as often as possible (which really does not happen as much as it should). I avoid cooking and cleaning at all costs.
I recently started a new feature with Mommy Monologues and Mommy is in Timeout called VlogTalk. Each week we will post 3 prompts for people to vlog about and on the following Tuesday we will have a linkup. All 3 of us are new to vlogging so we have made it a learn as you go challenge that we hope will encourage more people to venture into video.
1. When did you get started with blogging and how long has it been so far?
My blogging start is unlike most other people. I started blogging in January, 2011 for a class I took on personal branding. After the class I could have stopped (which almost everyone else in the class did) but I enjoyed it so much that I continued.
2. Who would you say is your Blog Idol? Why?
I don’t have any one Blog Idol, but I do like the bloggers that take the time to talk to me in some way whether it is on Twitter, a reply to my comment on their site or they come and comment on my blog.
3. What inspires the writing on your blog?
The daily antics of my family provide the majority of the inspiration for my writing. The rest comes from major sleep deprivation.
4. What is your best quality and what is your least?
My best quality is my ability to make it through the day on 3 hours of sleep with no caffeine. My worst quality is that I cannot cook a meal (that is not lasagna) that somebody other than my dogs would enjoy.
5. Favourite male Hollywood babe?
Matt Damon (in the Bourne movies) and Mark Wahlburgh (not from Boogie Nights)
6. How do you see the world? Glass half full or half empty?
I leave half empty glasses all over my house (which drives my husband crazy).
7. Favourite authors? Any good book recommendations?
I love reading books. Lately the author I’ve been reading the most of is Sandra Boynton, of Fifteen Animals fame. If you’re looking for something a little more grown up I liked The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo series by Stieg Larsson.
8. Are you crafty? Have any other talents besides blogging?
When I’m not in school I like to quilt and scrapbook. Besides those two things and blogging I would say my other talent is my ability to convince my husband to buy me things. I’m really good at that.
9. Tell us something crazy interesting about you that you haven’t already shared on your blog.
I’m pretty open and honest on my blog but here are a couple things I haven’t shared before: I don’t drink soda, I haven’t had caffeine in over 7 years, I once got a blister scooping dog poop, and I like to wakeboard but I hyperventilate in water below 75 degrees.
10. Where do you see yourself in five years? In life? Blogging?
In life, I see myself with a MBA degree, working for myself, and still fitting into my size 24/25 jeans. I haven’t planned out my blogging future but I hope that I am still enjoying it, connecting with great people, and others are still reading my blog.
Make sure you check out the VlogTalk on Tuesdays. It’s a great way to gain confidence in vlogging and connect with other bloggers.