It’s that time again. Time to meet new bloggers and spread the sweetness of *honey*. As you already know, every Friday, I feature a blogger I love and enjoy reading.
Today is Friday, so let’s link-up!
As with all blog hops:
1. I ask that you follow me.
2. Grab the button from the sidebar and include it in your post.
3. Link up your favourite post from the week. (no giveaways please)
4. Visit other bloggers who have linked up. Follow who you like.
5. Spread the honey by leaving them some sweet old ♥ comment love ♥ !
The linky can be found at the bottom of this post!
Today, I’m featuring a sweet gal I’ve recently connected with via Twitter. She’s a new Mom and the CEO of Life With Baby Donut! Rach’s blog is all about the goings-on of her family, especially her sweet little daughter. She’s a must read and a must follow. You can find her on Twitter as @DonutsMama .
And now without further babble by me, I present to you, my friend Rach!
1. When and why did you start blogging? I started blogging in January after my daughter was born. I really wanted a place to record my thoughts and all of my daughter’s milestones. However, my daughter was really colicky the first few months so the blog got put on the back burner because I was just trying to survive new motherhood! I started again in April, but by then I decided that my blog was a little place just for me. I still talk about my daughter, but I record her milestones in a journal that’s just for her.
2. How did you come up withe the name for your blog? Donut was what we called our baby when we found out we were pregnant–I didn’t want to call the baby “It.” My husband came up with Donut as part of an inside joke. So when I first started my blog, and since my original intent was to write about her, I just used her nickname as my blog name. I kind of wonder if I should change it though.
3. Tell us a few things about yourself before you became a Mom. Hmm…this is kind of hard because it’s hard to remember anymore! Actually, before I got married & became a mom, I traveled a lot. I’ve traveled all over Europe, went to Mexico and took several trips around the US with my girlfriends. Sometimes I miss those days but am really glad I got to do that before settling down. I was working as a tax CPA before I became a SAHM. Also, before I got pregnant, I was taking acting classes. It was something I’d always wanted to do and it was AWESOME. I really miss it and hope to get back when Donut is a little older.
4. Do you have a hobby? A favourite pastime? Something you’re passionate about? Please share and elaborate. I have so many hobbies. I feel like a Jill of all trades, but a master of none. I like to sew, cook, read and as I mentioned above, I love acting. But I suppose my favorite activity is knitting. My grandmother used to knit when I was little and I loved watching her. I was always fascinated by it. So a few years ago, I decided to take a knitting class at a local yarn shop and fell in love with it. There is just something very gratifying about creating something with your own hands. Oh yeah, and I love blogging 😉
5. Which Sex in the City character are you most like and why? Ha! That’s easy: Charlotte! All my girlfriends said so too when we were single. I was the rosy optimist looking to find my one and only true love [insert rainbows and unicorns here]. Charlotte had a great quote in one of the first episodes that cracks me up: “I’ve been dating since I was fifteen. I’m exhausted. Where is he?” And true to Charlotte form, I fell for a guy that I never thought I would and it was the best decision ever.
6. If we were to look inside your fridge right now, what foods would we find? Leftovers which usually consist of chicken a la something, cheese (I’m a mouse), and chocolate chips (yes, I keep them in the fridge).
7. What are your 3 top pet peeves? I suppose my top 3 would be people who talk LOUDLY on their cell phones out in public (because they want us to know what a fab life they live??), people who speed through school zones, and rude salespeople–that’s got to be my number one.
8. What is the best part of your body and why? Oh wow. This is a hard one because like all women, I obsess over what I wish were different, like I wish I were taller or my arms were more toned. But since you asked, I guess I will say I like my lips. I used to think they were too big for my face, but then I kind of grew into them, and then everyone was getting collagen injections to have big lips. So I now I appreciate them more and I have an obsession with lipstick so it’s all good!
9. If you were going to be granted a do-ever of a part of your life up until now, which part would you do-over and why? College life. I wish I had let myself just relax and have more fun. I was so shy and scared of the world–it was my first time away from home and I should have had more fun with it. Plus I was such an over-achiever then and I obsessed about my grades. I’m proud of my college success, but I think I could have balanced things out much better. Hindsight is always 20/20, eh?
10. What is the best part about blogging for you? Explain. I love to write. Sometimes it’s really hard for me to get motivated,but blogging keeps me accountable to it. It’s a great outlet for me to explore my creativity and just be who I am. Because of the nature of my job, I’d gotten so rigid in doing things a certain way, following directions to a ‘t’. Blogging is very freeing because there is no right or wrong way to do it. I can just be me. And of course, I love meeting new friends through my computer because sometimes in my “real life” it’s really hard to be spontaneous and get out with a 5 month old.