It’s Friday and I’m excited for two reasons! Not only am I featuring a fabulous blogger I love and read on a daily basis, I’m also being featured over at her place! She’s my guest for Lets BEE Friends and I’m her guest for her Featured Friend.
Click here to check out my guest post!
Read on to see who I’m featuring today!
As with all blog hops:
1. I ask that you follow me.
2. Grab the button from the sidebar and include it in your post.
3. Link up your favourite post from the week. (no giveaways please)
4. Visit other bloggers who have linked up. Follow who you like.
5. Spread the honey by leaving them some sweet old ♥ comment love ♥ !
The linky can be found at the bottom of this post! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Kimberly is the CEO of MamasMonologues ! She’s the sweetest gal on the block. You can also find her on Twitter as @MamasMonologues and if you’re not already her friend, I recommend you quickly change that and follow her. Kim is funny, sweet, kind, caring and so very supportive. She can always be counted on to share comment love on your blog. I love seeing her sweet comments in all of my posts and you will too. Last but not least, the girl can rap! Check that out here.
Enough from me … let’s get to know here a little bit better!
1. When and why did you get into blogging?
Well, I started my blog in August of 2010, just under a year ago, but I didn’t really keep up with it and it was private. Then in the fall I kind of neglected it all together. Then in January I realized that I wanted more. I wanted not only an outlet, but the possibility to form connections with people like me. Being a stay-at-home mom is daunting. There’s no adult interaction and you’re constantly running around with the kids. From January I’ve really put my heart into my blog and along the way I’ve not only opened myself with my writing, but I’ve made the connections that I craved.
2. What’s the story behind your blog’s name?
This actually isn’t the name I started with. I changed the name of my blog back in March because it was taking a different path than I had originally envisioned. Now I write about our daily struggles, adventures, milestones, and journeys. Mama’s Monologues just seemed more fitting!
3. Give us a brief synopsis of your life before marriage and kids.
That is really hard for me to remember! I had my oldest son when I was 18, so remembering life before kids is hard. I was just out of high school, so I was living the carefree teenage life then. That quickly changed! I went from worrying about whose house we were hanging out at to how I was going to buy diapers the following week. I never really had a life before marriage and kids. I didn’t experience the typical college life and I certainly didn’t live the typical early 20’s lifestyle either. I couldn’t, I was a mom. Everyone always asks me if I regret that and my answer is always the same. I would never change a thing!
4. Are you a flip-flop, wedge or stiletto wearing female? Elaborate.
Well, the mom and housewife in me is very comfortable wearing flip flops. I wear them all the time, even in our bitter cold winters of New Jersey! But, I’m leading a double life. I’m having a love affair with wedges and heels lately. When I put them on I feel more confident, prettier, and feminine. They make me feel like a woman. Don’t judge!
5. What would you say is the greatest accomplishment in your life?
My family, no doubt. We’ve traveled quite a bumpy road lately, but through it all, we’ve come out stronger in the end. We’ve stuck by each other through thick and thin. I’ve tried to teach our kids that we’re a family, we’re in this together, side by side, and seeing that we’ve all done that shows that I’ve done my job.
6. If you could describe yourself in only 5 words, which ones would you choose? Honest, loyal, sarcastic, friendly, and awesome. Wait, can I call myself awesome? They’re my answers, right? Then awesome it is!
7. Which is more your type? Chandler, Joey or Ross? Did you marry your type? Give us a brief description of your man.
There are things about each of them that I like. I like Joey’s sense of humor, but I could never be with someone that oblivious! Ross is a good guy, but he’s a little too whiny and boring. As for my husband? He’s Chandler. He’s a good guy, friendly, sarcastic, he even makes the same silly jokes. I mean really, could he BE anymore like him?
8. If you could go back in time and do-over your high school or college years, would you? What would you do different. If no, explain why.
Not a chance! I hated high school. I hated the drama, the cliques, and the cat fights. I’ve never once missed my high school days. Not a surprise that I skipped my reunion, huh?
9. Name one thing you love about getting older and one thing you hate about getting older. Elaborate on both. I will be happy to answer this question when I’m older. Right now? I’m still young! 😉
10. Is there anything new and exciting coming up on your blog that we should stay tuned for? Well, it’s not “new” but I’m going to continue with my Featured Friend series. Every Friday I open my blog up to a reader to let them guest post for me. It’s a nice way get out of writing thank my readers for supporting me. If you’re interested in writing for me, I can be bribed with wine let me know!
Bonus: If you could have any super power what would it be and why?
I’d make myself invisible. I could hide from my kids and my husband. I could hide in people’s houses and listen to their conversations. First I’d go into my next door neighbor’s house. They’re constantly fighting and yelling. I’d really like to know what the heck goes on in there! So it would be kind of like Twitter, but in real life. Imagine how fun that could be!