It’s Friday and it’s time to reflect on the week! Linking up with Rach from Life With Baby Donut for her Life’s Lesson’s meme.
1. It’s Friday and I’m happy to just stay put at home for the day. It’s been one crazy, busy week and I’m starting to burn out on Summer vacay. Need to remember to relax!
2. My Dad installed new doors inside our home and it’s amazing how something so small can change how a place looks. Very grateful for my Pops!
3. Even though the weather has been far from Summer temperatures, the girls and I have been enjoying ourselves. The family has been on many adventures already and we still have an entire month to go.
4. Believe it or not, I’ve already taken my eldest daughter Back To School shopping for clothes and shoes. In one day, we pretty much covered her entire list of “needs” and now only her list of “wants” is left. She can pay for those things using her birthday money collection. It’s good for her to realize that money doesn’t just grown on trees or feely come from Mom and Dad’s pockets.
5. I’ve been really good about taking my vitamins but no so great about exercising. I’ve also been eating whatever I like and not really caring about just sticking to the good stuff. Heck, it’s Summer. It’s hard not to indulge!
6. I’m really excited for my sister who is trying to do something work-related while being a stay-at-home Mom. She’s selling AVON now and trying to build up some clientelle. I’ve haven’t seen her so excited about something in a long time. I love it!
7. I’ve confirmed my belief that I am a better version of myself when the sun is shinning. Colder, cloudy days are not my forte. I believe I’m a candidate for seasonal depression or maybe I’m just normal. I am so much happier, energized and motivated when the sun is out. It doesn’t even have to to be warm.
8. I am so happy and grateful with the daycare we have for our two youngest girls. They’ve been going there part-time through the Summer (have to pay to hold their spot) and they absolutely love the place. They always look forward to going and complain when I pick them up too early. They’ve made many good friends there.
9. Last but not least, I realized this week that I need to take things in strides. Sometimes I jump into things to quickly and become overwhelmed with all the things on my plate. My goal this Summer was to spend as much time doing fun and adventurous things with my girls. I need to stick to that plan and not stray from it. I need to be reminded of this often.
And that my friends, are my thoughts and revelations from this past week. Self reflection is a wonderful thing. It allows you to stop, think and re-evaluate yourself and you actions.
There is always room to learn and grow as a person.