I love Fridays.
Besides it being the end of the work week and the beginning of the weekend, it’s the day I get to honour a friend by having them as a guest on my blog. If you’re a regular, you know what to do but if you’re new, please read on!
If you haven’t noticed, I’ve been leaving the linky open all weekend so more of you have time to link-up a favourite post!
As with all blog hops:
1. I ask that you follow me.
2. Grab the button from the sidebar and include it in your post.
3. Link up your favourite post from the week. (no giveaways please)
4. Visit other bloggers who have linked up. Follow who you like.
5. Spread the honey by leaving them some sweet old ♥ comment love ♥ !
The linky can be found at the bottom of this post!
My guest today is Leighann from Multitasking Mumma!
Leighann describes herself as …
“Hardly serious, witty mother of one, surviving PPD, motherhood, and a messy husband”.
She writes about the pain of Post Partum, the bumps and joys of being a mom, and the annoyances of being a grown up.
I love her because she’s a sweet gal, she’s Canadian AND she’s fun to hang out with at #wineparty via Twitter.
Be sure to follow her on Twitter as @MultitaskMumma
Now let’s get to know her and maybe she’ll BEE your friend!
1. How did Multitasking Mumma come to be the name for your blog? Any story behind the name?
Originally my blog name was “The Endless Rant of a Multitasking Mumma.” When I began blogging I wanted to ensure I would have a name that would reflect what I would be writing about for a long time – ranting, yelling, complaining, etc.
That didn’t turn out to be so true to my style after all, however, I do multitask and I ROCK at it!!
2. When did you begin blogging and why?
I began blogging in January 2011, not that long ago in human years, but in blogging years that is FOREVER!! I started because I was feeling isolated and anxious with my newborn. I needed somewhere to write down the hundred million thoughts than were running through my head everyday and a place to connect with other moms.
3. Tell us about your first exposure to Twitter? Was there any one blogger or Tweet Friend that welcomed you and showed you the ropes? Please share.
I first signed up for twitter long before I began blogging. It freaked my freak but I persevered. I creeped bloggers and their blogs, I learned about blogging and how to promote my posts, and I researched.
When I finally did begin tweeting it was @MamaRobinJ and @Latorres who I connected with first. They encouraged me, answered my questions, and encouraged my excessive stalking.
4. I believe everyone was born with special gifts. What would you say is your special gift(s)?
Besides my ability to pull a throat punch out of my purse? I can read people and situations very well. I am almost never wrong and I always trust my intuition.
5. Tell us about your family. How did your husband come to be the man you chose to spend the rest of your life with?
I have a daughter, she is 16 months old and the most amazing gift I have ever been given. I had no idea that THIS is what motherhood would be like. I am blessed and scared out of my mind.
Brian will officially become my husband next year… we committed a sin and had a baby before we were married.
It was fun.
Send your hate mail to Bruna.
We aren’t married, therefore, I have not decided if he’s the man I choose yet.
HAHA, just kidding.
6. What, would you say, has been the most challenging part of Motherhood for you? My battle with Post Partum. It sucked big time, there’s no other way to describe it. BUT thanks to blogging, supportive friends, and my family I got through it.
Also? Having to raise an independent, responsible adult and relinquish control. I want to be selfish and keep her in my protective care FOREVER…. But I know that won’t fly.
7. We have something we complain about when it comes to our appearance. What is one thing you love about your body? ACK! Hard question.
I want to say pass and have @sellabitmum answer this.. She’s who I envision myself looking like when I close my eyes!
But truly it isn’t a body part I love most about myself (I know this wasn’t the question) it is a characteristic. I love my exuberance. I love my excited nature and hope I never lose it.
8. How do you balance blogging and being a Mom and working outside of the home, if you do? Has anyone else answered this question successfully?
Did they have a good answer?
Can you send me their schedule?
9. Is there anything in your life you wish you could have done different?
I do not regret anything I have ever done.
I dyed my hair pink by accident.
As an adult.
It’s hard to look people in the eye with bright pink hair and pretend you don’t have bright pink hair.
10. What is it for you? Flip flops or Stilettos? Yoga wear or the latest trends? Make-up or none at all? Hair done or ponytail?
All of the above!
I wear heals, dress clothes, and make-up to work (sometimes my hair is not brushed depending on how quickly I got ready). After work and on the weekends I wear yoga pants and a t-shirt, flip flops and a messy pony-tail (bra optional).
11. Where do you see your blog in the next year.
I see Multitasking Mumma growing through new partnerships, sponsors, and guest posts. Of course the awesome content will be ever present!!
I hope to keep improving and growing as I meet new friends, take part in meme’s, and maybe attend a conference.