It’s time to re-cap the week and assess what I’ve learned so I’m linking up with Rach from Life with Baby Donut for her Life’s Lessons meme.
1. Money doesn’t grow on trees. I hate summer for one reason and one reason only. I don’t work; hence I don’t get paid. Living on only one pay cheque means we can’t buy or do whatever we want. A budget is necessary through the two months I’m home and it sucks!
2. I’ve become obsessed with my health. Not obsessed with exercise which is what I should be but a tad bit psycho about taking vitamins. It seems every day I discover a new vitamin I should be taking. Magnesium, vitamin D, biotin, fish oils and bamboo silica. In the end, I wonder how much of it simply passes through my urine stream? Regardless, it makes me feel good taking them.
3. I’ve discovered that sleeping with a pillow between my legs actually DOES help me to sleep better. I’ve done it four nights in a row now and I have not awaken to a stiff neck or upper shoulder blades. No headache. No feeling like I’ve clenched my jaw all night. I ask myself now, why have I not tried this before? And, is this a sign of old age? Poor posture? Or just not being physically fit? Please, NO one answer these questions because I’d rather not though, thanks 😛
4. I get overly excited about the strangest of things. Being a teacher, I need a bag to store and carry my stuff in each day. The one I owned last year broke. I just bought a new one and love it. It’s hanging in my kitchen and I’ve been admiring it every day. I also purchased myself a mini whiteboard to place at the window in my classroom. It will be used as an information board for my first grade parents. It’s very cool looking and I’m excited to start using it. We still have 4 weeks or so before school starts up again. What’s wrong with this picture? Someone missing work much? Duh!
5. Last but not least, I’ve been thinking about starting up my own business. I love teaching part-time and will never give up that gig. How cool would it be to do something else on the side though? The only problem ~ is that I haven’t a clue as to what that would be. What would I do? Make? Design? Sell? Maybe one day I’ll figure it out but right about now, I need to work on balancing everything I got going on in my life AS is. *Sigh*.
That’s all the learning that happened with me this week.
Happy Friday, y’all!