It’s Friday and time for Let’s BEE Friends!
Are you ready to meet or get to know another blogger?
Ready to link-up one of your own favourite posts or a post you think didn’t get enough comment love?
1. I ask that you follow me.
2. Grab the button from the sidebar and include it in your post.
3. Link up your favourite post from the week. (no giveaways please)
4. Visit other bloggers who have linked up. Follow who you like.
5. Spread the honey by leaving them some sweet old ♥ comment love ♥
The linky can be found down below and will remain open through the weekend.
Today, we get to know Amber from her blog, Stressed Out Mom. Amber writes mostly about her life but focuses on her journey through Motherhood.
“My life can be a little crazy at times and insane.
But it’s my world. Welcome to it.“
Besides being a wife to her husband of 12 years, Amber is also a Mother to three beautiful children of which two are girls and one is a boy. She definitely has her hands full!
I met Amber via Twitter where she goes by @31_Amber_31 and have gotten to know her through the lovely comments she leaves on my blog. Amber is a sweetheart and so fun to talk to on the Twitter. I just had to have her as a guest on Bees With Honey and today is the day.
Now, let’s get to know Amber!
10 Things About Me
Wow! I am so beyond excited that I get to be here with ya’ll today. I mean happy dance excited. Before I get started I just want to say thank you to our lovely and awesome Hostess Bruna for the invite to share a little about me with ya’ll.
Thank you so much.
I am way beyond honored.
My name is Amber Charleen. However around my house you are more likely to hear me called by my other name…Mom.
My husband and I have been together since we were 14 and 16 years old. We are working on our thirteenth year of marriage while raising our three awesome children. We have a nine year old son, seven year old daughter and our baby who is six.
Hmmmm….Well I guess it’s time to get our feet wet and jump right into what makes me Amber.
I wasn’t really sure what I was going to do here. I’ve always had a bit of trouble when it comes to the “Things about you” kind of post. However I thought this might be the fun way to go because it would get me thinking.
1. I am a dreamer. When I was seven, my Gramma told me that my dreams were as big as the Texas sky. For as long as I can remember I’ve always been a dreamer. I’ve never had a small dream that I didn’t turn into a big DREAM. Walking through a store with me is an adventure as a result. When I see certain items I add them to my dream land.
It’s just who I am.
2. I am TERRIFIED of baths. Yup you read that right. Baths freak me out in a major way. One of the hardest things for me as a Mom was giving baths. In every nightmare I have somewhere in there you’ll find a bathtub. You see I’m not crazy or anything. Really I’m not. I grew up out in the country. The sticks as most people called it. During the winter the bugs would crawl up through the pipes and make their winter home in the bathtub. Top that off with the fact that my Mom wasn’t the best house keeper when it came to the tubs and you get me: A person who has to give herself pep talks to even take a shower.
3. I don’t eat meat. It’s not a “Meat is murder” thing. Most people assume it’s because my Father was a meat cutter for most of my childhood. Nope not at all. I support all the meat eaters of the world. For me not eating meat has to do with my own personal health. Meats fine and from time to time you’ll find me having a nice medium rare filet migon. So ya it’s differently not a meat is murder thing with me. Not at all.
4. I’m the mother of a special needs child. My baby girl had a rough entry into this world. A c-section gone all kinds of wrong. They used the vacuum on her several times before the surgeon threw it against the wall breaking it. Most people when they hear the vacuum during a c-section they give me this look of horror. It was horrific. My baby girl has a mild form of cerebral palsy, a heart condition, seizure disorder and Aspergers. Her life has been filled with many challenges but she is a fighter. My daughter inspires me on a daily basis.
5. Someone once found my blog by doing a search for “Dirty girls.” I’m pretty sure they were very disappointed when they got to my site and discovered the reason they found me was because I love mudding. I have often said “If you aren’t getting muddy you aren’t having fun.
6. I was in a car accident that changed my life forever. It’s been two years since my accident and we are still in the middle of health and legal stuff. Since the accident I’ve spent more time in the hospital then at home with my family. You know you are there a lot when you walk in the doors and hear “Hey, how’s it going Amber?” from more then one staff member.
I am lucky that I am still alive. Thanks to some of my injuries I have been fighting death left and right. It’s like I’m in a relationship with death. It wants me, it wants me bad, I flirt with it but right when it thinks it has me, I bounce back. It’s a relationship I would really like to get out of.
7. I LOVE TATTOOS! This is something most people find shocking about me. I once had someone go on and on about how “good” people don’t have tattoos. How only the so called “low” lives had them. I let the person dig himself a nice big hole and then I excused myself real quick to my bedroom. When I came out I was wearing shorts. He was still running his mouth about how evil tattoos were and the kind of people that had them. Now everyone but him knew that I had tattoos. Once he took a breathe I asked him what he thought about me. His response was how I was a great person. How I was active in our Church and so on and so forth. His girlfriend then said “Even though she has tattoos?” That day he learned a lesson about being ignorant.
8. I use to weigh over 250 pounds. Seriously I did. It took a lot of hard work but I now weigh 135. I am so thankful for the weight loss. I don’t even want to know what my life would be like now if I hadn’t lost all of it. My advice for those trying to loose weight is to keep your eye on the prize. Find a partner to help you along your journey and never give up. Sure you will have times where you will stumble and fall but get up, dust yourself off and don’t wallow.
9. I LOVE Photography. My Nikon is part of me. Before my accident you never saw me without it. After my accident it took over a year before I could use it again. It was like seeing an old friend the first time I was able to pick it up and take that first photo. I love taking photos so much. I love being able to look back and see my children grow through those pictures.
10. Family. My family is the most important thing to me. They help to make me well … Me. I can’t imagine my life without them. They are my everything. When I think I don’t have anything left I think of them. I think about how my children are my reason to keep fighting. My children are my reason for living.
Well, I guess that’s it. I have enjoyed being here and sharing a little about me with ya’ll. Over the past year I have really enjoyed reading others post here. It’s just so awesome to me to be here now doing the same.