You couldn’t have come any sooner!
I’ve been patiently waiting for Friday this week because I’m super excited for today’s guest feature.
Her name is Kirsten and she’s the be all and end all of The Corner! If you don’t already know her, read her or tweet with her, you’re going to love her and especially more-so after reading her sweet words today on Bees With Honey.
In three words, I love her.
She’s real, kind, supportive, positive and happy. What’s not to like about all that?
I’m so honoured she agreed to be apart of #LetsBEEfriends.
Kirsten from The Corner
I’d like to thank Bruna for inviting me here and giving me a chance to introduce myself to you. If you’re here then you know Bruna and are aware of how wonderful, amazing, interesting and terrific she is.
I feel so proud to be her friend.
Proud to be here today.
So, first things first, my name is Kirsten, Kir for short and I write at The Kir Corner.
My blog started as an infertility blog back in 2005 when I was desperately trying to get pregnant. Since then it’s been not only an infertility blog, but an in-vitro blog, a pregnancy blog, a parenting of the “two cutest twin boys in the whole world” blog and more recently a mommy/I just might be a writer/ oh I’m a wife too blog. Oh and I work Full Time outside the home. WHEW.
The corner that I write in is a happy, chaotic mish mash of the happy chaotic mish mash that is my life right now. I hope when you’re done reading these 10 interesting things about me, you come and visit me over in the corner and stay awhile. (I LOVE NEW FRIENDS)
You know what’s interesting?
People will ask you to tell them something about yourself and if you’re not thinking about it you can come up with 2 or 3 things that you believe define you. Yet once you start writing them down, really thinking about who you are, you could fill pages of notebook paper. All of a sudden you are forced to pick the 10 things that you feel will make you amusing, entertaining and real to the people reading it.
Let’s see how I do, shall we?
10. I am a HOPELESS ROMANTIC. I have buckets of empathy, love and romance coursing through me and I am sucker for a good line, “You had me at Hello. “ *sigh* or a sweet welcoming smile. As a lover of words and quotes I often find myself completely lost in a good love story, movie or book. I like that about myself.
9. I am a Law & Order Addict. I have loved this franchise since its inception and have been known to say to members of my family “We cannot leave yet, there is a marathon on.” Maybe it’s the vanilla of the stories or the “ripped from the headlines” places they take me without being too graphic or over the top, but my heart belongs to one TV show ahead of all the others I love (and I DO LOVE my TV & DVR) and it’s L&O.
8. Do you have a quirky thing about you? I do. I hug books. If I love something I hug it and so when I am reading a good book or just finished one that changed me (as they often do) I have been known, on occasion, to hug that book (Or my Nook now) to show it the love it had given me.
7. I’m extremely opinionated. I don’t like to show that on my blog, in fact I stay far away from expressing my range of emotions about certain hot button topics there, but ask my long suffering husband, I have a ton to say about lots of things. (Maybe I should have become a lawyer after all???? ) and because we commute an hour to and from work every day he is normally the one that gets the brunt of my ranting. *Have soapbox will stand on it*.
6. I adore shoes. Yes, I love fashion and clothes as much as the next girl, but I truly adore shoes. The one interesting thing about my adoration is that 99% of the shoes I own and wear come from Payless. Most people don’t believe me, but their styles, range of sizes and designers is a good fit for me. I always say I would rather own 3 pairs of shoes for $50 than just one pair. I have been known to splurge once in a while but the truth is that I can always find what I need to make me feel pretty under the yellow and orange sign. Hey Payless…call me!!!
5. My other love, CUPCAKES. I recently wrote about my comments being cupcakes in blogland. How they are a tiny piece of a bigger CAKE that we all share. Their frosted sweetness is how I see myself most of the time and because they can be decorated to celebrate the individual you are and still be the same underneath (just like all of us) they remind me of basic human kindness and diversity.
4. I am an abuse and infertility survivor. Like everyone there are parts of my childhood and later my adulthood that I wish I could make better when I remember. NO regrets, just a place where I am sad it happened, but happy that I made it through. I talk about my infertility journey quite a bit on my blog, but have only touched on my journey through domestic abuse in superficial terms. I am slowly coming to terms with being able to write about it and free myself (and hopefully my siblings) from it.
3. I was recently talking to a friend about how I get to the party late on a lot of things, from shows I watch to movies I see, to fashion and books I should read. I’m also a huge failure at things like Weight Watchers. The reason, I hate people telling me what to do. If you tell me “you really should read this!”, “Omg you don’t watch……..??”, “PURPLE is all the rage this season, you know?”, chances are I will not read it, not watch it and be caught dead before I put purple on this fall. I don’t well with society telling me how and who to be, because I like to know that my opinions are my own, for better or worse.
2. I am first and foremost, an optimistic person. I get down and have pity parties for myself on occasion but the truth is that I can normally see the bright side of things. The silver lining. The rainbow through the rain. This might annoy many people (and I’m sure it does) but when I find myself feeling things like despair, hopelessness or doubt, I give myself and my life a pep talk. It doesn’t always work, I don’t always get back to GOOD in a few seconds, but eventually I know that me being here matters and so do you.
1. How do you pick this last one? These are in no particular order so it’s not like I am one of these things more than I am the other….that’s what so great about being a woman today. I can be so many different things and like a favorite pair of jeans, they fit. I can dress them up with sparkly tops and heels, I can dress them down with practical shoes and a warm sweater, they can carry me through the seasons of my life and make me comfortable. Maybe that is my last thing, that I am not 10 things or 100 things, I am just me, always reaching to add one more thing to the list of moments that define me.
Thank you Bruna, so much for allowing me to be here today.
It was fun writing this list and you humbled me by asking me to share this space with you today. I can’t thank you enough for that. Xo
1. I ask that you follow me.
2. Grab the button from the sidebar and include it in your post.
3. Link up your favourite post from the week.
4. Visit other bloggers who have linked up. Follow who you like.
5. Spread the honey by leaving them some sweet old ♥ comment love ♥
The linky can be found down below and will remain open through the weekend.