I think it’s safe to say that everyone’s favourite day of the week is Friday. Not only does it kick off the start of the weekend, it also kicks off #LetsBEEfriends here on Bees With Honey!
Today’s guest is none other than Lisa from The Schwartz Chronicles.
I love Lisa because, not only is she Canadian, she’s just a hop, skip and jump from me. Crazy that we haven’t met in person yet but do not fear, my friends, we’re going to in less than two weeks. Lisa, along with a few other local gals, are getting together locally for what we’ve come to call, The Mother of All Tweet-Ups!
Let’s meet Lisa … the girl next door to … Me!
Thank you to Bruna for inviting me to be a part of Let’s BEE Friends. I did a little happy dance when I found out I was going to be featured. The Let’s BEE Friends Hall of Fame is filled with bloggers that I love, so I am honoured to be in their company.
My name is Lisa. I am mother to Sarah (4.5) and Jack (2.5), wife to one Captain Canada. I write a blog called Schwartz Chronicles that I started in May 2010. I had just finished reading Lift by Kelly Corrigan. In her book, she talks about how the average person only “knows a handful of stories from before middle school” and that most people “barely know ten stories from childhood.” Those comments resonated with me. I want my kids to have childhood memories and lots of them. Schwartz Chronicles has become part of operation memory maker where I record the highlights, lowlights and everything in between of our life. My hubby’s (a.k.a Captain Canada) photography hobby has become a passion and I shamelessly use his photos on my blog. Our memories are being created not only through my words, but also through his photos. You know what they say, a picture is worth a thousand words.
Ten Things About Me:
- I am a teacher. I work three days a week and teach first grade. I always wanted to be a teacher for as long as I can remember. I started teaching swimming lessons at age fifteen. I love my job and I enjoy teaching my own kids. Sometimes, I even teach my hubby a thing or two.
- I love hotels. Some people say home is where the heart is. I say home is where you don’t have to cook or do laundry. If there is a fancy white robe involved, even better.
- Feel the burn. I love a good workout. I judge the quality of the workout by how difficult it is to walk up and down stairs the next day.
- I have a memory like an elephant. I am not keen to be compared to an elephant for any reason, but the truth is I have a crazy memory for useless bits of information. Things like what I ate for dinner on this day last year or what I got for Christmas when I was twelve may not be that useful, but are all stored in the vault.
- Chick flicks and picnics. I love sappy movies and romantic comedies. I eat up all the smultsey parts. Early in our relationship, I convinced Captain Canada that the movie Honey with Jessica Alba was a basketball movie so he would watch it with me. I also am a huge fan of picnics. Put those two things together and you have a match made in heaven.
- I am a traditionalist. I love family traditions. Those little activities that you do year after year. To me, these are where memories are made. I want my kids to look back fondly on birthday breakfasts where they get to eat the sugary cereal of their choice. I want them to remember with delight that night each December when we pack up a special snack, bundle up and drive through the darkness, oohing and ahhing over the twinkling lights and fancy decorations in our community.
- Cyber chick. I take great pleasure in researching products, hotels and destinations on the web. It always amazes me what you can learn using Google. I also have a strong affection for my iphone, twitter and reading blogs.
- Sweet treats. I love sweet treats. Dessert is my favourite meal of the day. Did I just say meal? Oops, that was my inside voice. The only thing better than one cookie is two cookies with butter cream icing slathered in between. Thank you Mrs. Fields. I love you.
- Mindful. For the last three years, a few of my close friends and I have followed along with Ali Edwards and pledged one little word. Instead of new year’s resolutions, we pledge a word to live by, to inspire us for the year. My friends and I meet monthly to create crafty things, talk and taste. While our conversations centre around our families and our jobs, it often comes back to our words for the year. I treasure these monthly meetings. These women are my friends and they inspire me in many different ways. My word this year is “Move.” The idea that I want to be mindful of moving my brain and moving my body as well as moving forward and being a better person. All of these things go hand in hand with being happy with who I am and the life that I am living. I hope that my mindfulness inspires my own kids and the life they lead, especially as they get older.
- Family. What can I say? My family is everything to me. I feel blessed to be married to an amazing guy who accepts me for who I am and supports me as I try to be a better person. I have two beautiful kids that I love to bits, even if sometimes, they can be a pain in the butt. My favourite days are Saturdays and Sundays when we go on all kinds of adventures together
I look forward to connecting with new friends and discovering new blogs to visit.
Thanks for reading!
1. Now feel free to link-up a post from your own blog. Grab the code for my button and add it to your post.
2. Use the linky below. (No giveaways please)
3. Hop around and read as many or as little of the other posts as you like. Be sure to leave them a little or a lot comment love. ♥
4. Oh and don’t forget to tweet the word that it’s Friday and time for #Let’s BEE Friends! The linky will remain open all weekend. CHEERS !