I know it’s really still Thursday but, in my head, I’m making it Friday already which means time to reflect on the past few weeks.
What have I learned?
hate dislike the month of January. It’s dreary, gloomy, boring, cold, germ-filled and dark. Nothing exciting happens in this month except maybe it dumps snow.
2. Here at Casa Bees, we rang in the new year with 2 weeks full of sickness. The bugs got us and got us good. My oldest brought home sickness from a Christmas stay at her dad’s. I spent a week nursing her back to health.
3. Then the 5 year-old wakes up with fever and I spend a week nursing her back to health.
4. Two days after the 5 yr old comes down with fever, the 3 year-old kicks in with fever during the night.
5. I don’t sleep for 4 nights straight because I’m up and down, back and forth between both little kids being sick and being up through the night.
6. I frantically clean the house and disinfect anything and everything in an attempt to avoid getting the bugs myself; however, no sleep for me means I’m next to get sick. Two days after the 3 year-old comes down with fever, so do I.
7. I don’t just get what the kids have. No. I get hit like them multiplied by 10. Of course, I fight it (or ignore it) because I’m too busy trying to get the kids back to feeling well again.
8. Finally, I crash. I can’t do it anymore. My head feels like it’s going to explode, the pressure in my sinuses makes me want to cry, my non-stop coughing kills my throat but I’m unable to rest because Daddy’s at work and both little kids are still home from school.
9. After 4 days of going without medication, I crash a clinic and beg (and almost cry even) for the doctor to help me. He tells me I have a really bad sinus infection and Bronchitis and gives me an antibiotic.
10. After a full 24 hours of taking the antibiotic, my head and sinus pressure eases and I’m able to think clearly again. Hubby stays home to let me rest and sleep. I can’t ever remember a time I felt so sick and helpless.
11. A full seven days have passed and I finally feel normal again. My cough still lingers but I’m not miserable any longer.
12. Did I mention how much I hate January?
13. Well I
hate dislike the flu season too. And germs. And being sick.
14. So if any of you out there know Mother Nature or The Groundhog personally, could you tell them that I’m ready for Spring? I know it’s a tad bit early yet but I’m done with Winter.
Stay tuned for #LetsBEEfriends Friday. It’s coming! My special guest blogger’s post will go live tonight at 8pm Pacific Time. You won’t want to miss it!