It’s been a long time since I linked-up with my friend Rach from Life Ever Since for her weekly meme, Life’s Lessons.
I’m jumping back in …
1. The holidays are over. No sign of Christmas in our house. Everything is packed away and not to be seen for yet another year. Santa was extra especially good to me. I got the ever-so-wonderful iPad I have been hinting at wanting for like, forever. I guess I wasn’t so naughty after all. Long story short, the iPad is my new best friend. I already can’t remember what it was like before I had one. Thank you hubby! Oh, and you too, Santa 😛
2. As you already know, my word focus for 2012 is fitness. I have been working out now for 3 weeks straight and am pretty proud of myself for not quitting or cheating. As hard as it is to stay motivated, my hubby and teenager have helped me stay on track with reminders and with offering to mind the little kids. Sometimes even the wee ones help me when I work out by handing me a weight or my water bottle. Everyone is supporting my need to get healthy and it’s great!
3. Like you already know, I met up with some super cool bloggy friends in December. Lilahbility, Norwest Mommy, Swhartz Chronciles, Cookies Mom, Mama in the City and Bits of Bee met me for dinner and drinks one night. We all clicked really well and had some good laughs. Pics were taken and plans for a second tweet-up was suggested. Looking forward to it! Maybe in early Spring?
4. I have a confession. I’ve mentioned numerous times on the blog about how white hairs are peek-a-boo’ing themselves all over my hair and how I have no desire to start trying to cover them with trips to the salon. Well, I bought hair colour last week. It’s stored safely in my bathroom cabinet. I have no plans to do anything with the hair colour right now but thought I’d buy some anyways just in case one day the white sneaky buggers get the better of me. I know. I’m buckling under the pressure. Honestly, I really didn’t know how many of those white buggers I had until a friend rummaged through my hair and brought the true numbers to my attention. Nice friend huh? Who looks at the back of their head?
5. I think I’ve mentioned that I get bored easily. When I do, I usually find some new thing to occupy or consume me for a while. I’ve been spending a lot of time on Pinterest. I always said I wouldn’t go there because I know how easily addicted I become with things I like, i.e blogging. I went there. I love Pinterest. It’s fun. I started looking at different kitchens.
Don’t you just love this one?
I so badly want to update our 80’s kitchen and thought I’d start the virtual planning of it via Pinterest. Now to break the news to hubby 😛
6. Pinterest made me look at different hair styles. I have a board titled, Hair.
I just love her layers and her long bangs.
I started pinning different styles and then, one day, I got bangs. Yes I did. I had long bangs cut into my hair and I love it. Little baby steps. Maybe next time, I’ll add some layers into the rest of the hair. Thank you Pinterest for making me do it.
Wanna follow me on Pinterest, click here!
7. Last but not least, I think I want to try doing a cleanse. You know, the kind where you eat a certain way for a week or two or drink blended concoctions you get from the health food store or something. I’m pretty sure I have a ton of toxins in my body that need to be removed. I’m curious to see how doing one of these cleanses might or might not help me to feel healthier. Then again, I wonder if they’re nothing but a joke and actually do nothing. What do I know? I’m curious though. My friend Nenette over at Life Candy is doing a 30 Day Isogenix Cleanse right now. Maybe I’ll just track her progress for a while before I decide to jump into doing one myself.
Have a great weekend everyone!
Don’t forget to check out my #LetsBEEfriends feature for Friday!