Happy Friday! I hope everyone is ready for the weekend. I am! I’m also ready to get to know a blogger today and link-up one of my favourite posts for the week too!
Today, Ado from The Momalog is visiting with me. After reading her guest post today, you should hop on over to her place and read about her some more! If you’re not already following her on Twitter, you can do so via @AdoTheMomalog!
Ado has a husband and two daughters, Fiona and Ella, and lives with them in Washington, DC. Without saying too much more and spoiling any surprises, Ado is a writer with vast experience in the field.
Now let’s let Ado tell us more about herself.
10 Things You Might Not Know About Me
1. The three things I love most: being a mom, writing, and traveling.
2. Before I even met my husband (“D.,”) he had to bail me out of airport jail at Heathrow. I was moving to Dublin from California to work for IBM as a writer, but I’d forgotten my work visa so I was put into airport jail (with lots of chain-smoking au pairs and illegal immigrants from all over the world). Frantic calls were made, including one to my future husband, who also worked for IBM. It was D. who convinced them to let me out and send me over!
3. It’s important to note that D. had protested hiring me. He didn’t want to hire a writer from California – he wanted to hire his friend John. So if he had gotten his way, he would have ended up marrying John O’Sullivan, instead of me! (-:
4. I am honest to the point of being rude. I find it impossible to choose diplomacy over honesty (even though it’s gotten me into a lot of trouble over the years.) Although admirable, it’s the bane of my existence. Here’s an example: when an old friend’s most recent relationship broke up, he asked me why his ex’s were all so angry at him.
Me: “Do you really want me to answer that?”
Him: “Yes.” (He really should’ve known better than to say yes…)
Me: “It’s because you are a self-absorbed, misogynist pig who devalues women. Also, you are a compulsive liar who is incapable of self-reflection. If you want to change things you will need rehab, medication, and a shrink – but you know this already so I don’t know why you’re asking me.” We haven’t spoken in 3 months, and I don’t blame him. I blame my compulsive honesty.
5. I despise football and baseball. I know this doesn’t make me very popular, either, so I usually keep it to myself.
6. I wrote a literary novel. I’m currently knee-deep in writing my second one.
7. We don’t watch television. Freakish, but there you have it.
8. The weirdest place I’ve ever been, aside from the house I grew up in, is in a canoe in a glow-worm cave in New Zealand.
9. I don’t drink. Both my parents died of alcoholism.
10. I have an MFA degree in writing, but nothing has taught me as much about myself, the world, and humanity as being a mother has.
Thanks for reading!
1. Now feel free to link-up a post from your own blog. Grab the code for my button and add it to your post.
2. Use the linky below. (No giveaways please)
3. Hop around and read as many or as little of the other posts as you like. Be sure to leave them a little or a lot comment love. ♥
4. The linky will remain open all weekend !