It has been a long week. Heck, it’s been a dreadfully long and exhausting month. I’m so glad April is almost over and even happier that it’s finally Friday.
TGAIAO – Thank God April Is Almost Over
TGIF = Thank God It’s Friday!
I’ve learned a lot in the last month! Where shall I begin?
1) For one, I’m stubborn. When my body gives off signals that maybe I need to slow down and rest a bit, I ignore them. As a result, I end up getting sick. Lesson learned? Ignore the laundry and take a nap!
2) I don’t deal with stress very well which is why I’m so overly needing to be organized. Organization brings order to my life. Disorganization brings the feeling of chaos. I don’t do well with chaos. Lesson learned? Only work with people who share your love for order and preparedness.
3) It doesn’t matter how young you are or how healthy you seem, Cancer can happen to anyone. Lesson learned? Never, ever miss your yearly mammogram!
4) I’m too nice and people take advantage of my sweet nature. Lesson learned? Start speaking up and you’ll see people will stop trying to boss you around.
5) I won a giveaway contest this month via Nadia over at Mama and the City. I just received my copy of Scary Mommy’s book today! Lesson learned? Enter more contests!
6) I’m in definite need of a vacation. A trip with the hubby and a break from the kids would be lovely but I’ll take a trip to Disneyland if the first option is a no. Lesson learned? Okay, Disneyland it is. Can’t be too picky these days, now can we?
7) My hubby is becoming a way better cook than me. He’s in the kitchen cooking up a storm and actually making really yummy meals thanks to the Jamie Oliver cooking show. I don’t know if I’m happy about it or if I’m feeling a little threatened. Lesson learned? Don’t be dumb! He’s cooking and you’re not. Sit back and enjoy!
8) Last but not least, I’m super excited for Summer to get here. Heck, just the fact that the sun has been showing it’s face lately is enough to bring happiness to my days. I so desperately want to set up the patio furniture, plant some seasonal flowers and whip on my flip-flops but I think it’s still too soon. Lesson learned? Patience my dear. Just be patient. Summer will come soon enough.
What kinds of things have you learned in the last week? Month?
Happy Friday, everyone!