In celebration of Halloween this year, I made these cool pumpkin and ghost candle holders with my first graders.
My sister found this craft via Pinterest. She tried it out with my girls while babysitting them for me one night. I think they are totally cute.
You will need:
a small to medium size, clear jar
white or orange tissue paper ( cut up into small square pieces)
watered down white glue
1. Students choose their paper colour. White for a ghost and orange for a pumpkin.
2. With a paint brush, they cover a small area of their jar with watered down glue.
3. They cover the wet area with pieces of the coloured tissue paper and continue to repeat this process until the jar is fully covered with tissue paper.
4. Jar needs to dry completely. Leave to sit overnight.
5. Final step is to add a ghost or a pumpkin face. You can use a marker or you can use black tissue paper pieces that are pre-cut into facial features.
Once complete, you place a tea light candle into the jar and light it. Watch how the candle holder glows. The kids will love it and it’s a lovely piece of Halloween decor to add to your home for this time of year.
Try it out with your kids.
Guaranteed they’ll love it!