1. I still love french fries and hamburgers. Only now, I’m not supposed to eat them and for two reasons. The first being that I need to keep my cholesterol levels under control and the second being that I need to keep my weight under control. *Sigh*, getting older sucks!
2. I still fuss over my hair. Cut it, grow it, layer it, colour it, streak it, highlight it or just leave it alone. Always doing something. Oh look, I just had it done this week! You like? I added layers and now it curls!
3. I don’t talk on the phone as much as I used to. I very rarely call people unless it’s important and I need to talk to them right away. I like talking on the phone but everyone else seems too busy to have time for chatting.
4. I keep in touch with most friends and family via Facebook, unless it’s super important in which I will pick up the phone and call them. Oh, and I text. It’s convenient and fast. <shrug>
5. I still love to shop and keep up to date with the latest fashion and trends. Only now, I’ve become a tad bit more obsessed with purses. I don’t know why. I just am. One of those unexplainable things.
6. I used to write short stories and poetry back in the day but now, I blog.
7. I hated wine and beer when I was younger. Now I like it. I enjoy a nice glass of red wine with dinner.
8. I used to be really nice. I still am. Sometimes my niceness gets taken for granted. I’ve tried to be tougher, ruder and more aggressive but it’s just not me. So I stick with being nice.
9. I love photography. I love capturing beautiful moments especially where my girls are concerned. Documenting my family and our adventures has become a passion of mine. I love looking back at old photos.
10. I’ve learned to be okay with not always being in control of every aspect of my life. My house is not always as clean as I’d like it to be but the five of us who live in it are happy and healthy and loved. A clean house just doesn’t compare.
How are you the same or different than your younger self?