My dearest Little H,
In less than two months, you will turn five. In 3 and a half months, you will start Kindergarten. Time is flying by way too fast for this mama!
I want you to know that I love you like crazy!
1. Since your sister started school full-time, you and I have spent many a day together snuggling, playing, reading, creating and taking little trips outdoors. You have no idea how much I look forward to the days I get to stay home and be with my girls, especially you. You are my last little girl. No more kiddos to raise after you.
2. You used to be a fearless, dare devil baby. I had to turn all of our furniture backwards during the period you were learning how to walk because you were climbing the furniture and falling off of it. You used to walk and run into walls, fall down stairs and trip over your own feet. You gave Mama plenty of heart attacks, including the time you fell, bit through your bottom lip and had to be rushed to the emergency on Father’s Day. Daddy said it was the best present he got that year!
3. There was a time when we worried about you because you didn’t talk much. Little B did a lot of talking for you and when you did try to communicate with us, you chose to point at things instead. When you did decide to unveil your verbal communication skills, you did so with a bang and we got it all at once. You always did things on your own time. It’s what we love about you the most, even now.
4. I will miss you when you start school full-time. Who will I talk to during the day? Who will give me hugs when I’m not feeling well? Who will I go to the dollar store with? Who will I eat lunch with? It will take a lot of getting used to not having your cute little face and voice around all day.
I will miss you like crazy.
5. At the same time, I’m so very happy and proud with how much you have grown and matured over the last few years. I’m impressed with how your vocabulary has expanded and how well you incorporate new words you learn from your sister and TV shows into your own dialogue with family and friends. I admire your desire and motivation to learn new things you see others do or talk about. I feel proud when you say that you want to be a dancer, a skater, a baker, a mother and a teacher someday.
6. More than anything else though, I am moved by how well and how much you love me. Your generous offerings of hugs, kisses and cuddles are endless and so appreciated. Your devotion to me is priceless. It’s so cute how you save me a seat beside you at the dinner table and always want me to come with you wherever you go, even in the house. I am flattered by how much you long for my company. You really know how to love me and for that and a million other reasons, I feel truly blessed to have you in my life.
I love you like crazy and I always will.